Feminist Camp is a transformative week of feminism in action hosted in New York City by authors and activists Jennifer Baumgardner and Amy Richards. Newcomb Institute will provide funding for selected full-time undergraduate students. Grant funding will cover the $1500 program fee which includes housing, breakfasts, most lunches for five days, all programming, and a weekly MetroCard. Newcomb will also cover flight reimbursement up to $400. The remaining travel costs and other expenses will be the responsibility of the participant.
- The week includes:
- Five immersive days of meetings and workshops across New York City highlighting diverse forms of feminism in action; each day centers around a theme.
- One day dedicated to feminist workplaces and careers, which includes practical advice and a half-day internship.
- One session dedicated to developing an activist or academic action plan to leverage your Feminist Camp experience in your home communities.
- Facilitated dialogue and one-on-one time with Amy Richards and Jennifer Baumgardner (and other local and nationally known feminists).
- Application Here.
- The grant application for Feminist Camp 2024 opens Monday, November 13th at 9:00 am and closes on Wednesday, November 29th at noon.
- Feminist Camp 2024 will be held from January 8-12 in New York City.
- Funding is open to full-time, currently enrolled undergraduates. Previous applicants may apply again.
- If you are awarded funding and accept, you are responsible for:
- Attending all of the Feminist Camp events.
- Upholding Tulane’s student code of conduct while you travel to and attend the camp.
- A website feature detailing your experience.
For further information, please contact Dr. Clare Daniel, Administrative Associate Professor, firstname.lastname@example.org