Laura Wolford is the Assistant Director of the Newcomb Institute. She has a BA in English from Reed College and a Master of Public Affairs from the LBJ School at the University of Texas, Austin. At NI, Laura oversees the Newcomb Research Center, coordinates several endowed programs, manages the Newcomb Grants program, and coordinates the Institute’s annual report, budgeting and strategic planning processes. Her work also promotes faculty engagement through the Newcomb Fellows program. She serves as the NI representative to the campus-wide Sexual Violence Prevention and Education Coalition and serves on the Tulane Staff Advisory Council. Prior to joining NI, Laura worked as a budget analyst for the state of Texas, on a political campaign in Oregon, as a legislative aide to an Oregon state representative, and as an intern at NARAL Pro-Choice Texas.
- Oversees NI administrative and budgetary matters.
- Works with the Newcomb Fellows program.
- Administers Newcomb Grants program.
- Manages staff and programming at the Newcomb Research Center.
- Serves as NI liaison to Sexual Violence Prevention and Education Coalition.